Week 18: In Which Someone Enters the Waters of Baptism

This week we had a baptism!!! It was my first in the mission, and it was wild (and my camera died so I don't have any pictures... maybe my companion will send me hers....).

Nadir is the best friend of another person we were teaching, who introduced us. We found out that Nadir had been given a Book of Mormon from a friend, and had already read the entire "livro de almas" (Alma is the name of a prophet, which translates to "soul")." She loves the Book of Mormon and the Bible, and I'm so glad we met her. She is the sweetest woman you've ever met, and I'm so happy for her!

Also this week I officially finished training, and Sister Gomes was transfered to another city. I'll stay here in Riberão Pires with Sister K. Souza, who is ridiculously sweet and enthusiastic for the work. I'm very excited for this transfer and I know that it will be awesome.

I know this church has the fullness of the gospel and that it truly brings joy and peace for those who are willing to accept Christ and follow Him. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to learn more, develop my testimony, and help others improve their lives. I know that God loves each and every one of us, and that when we are humble and worthy to have the Spirit with us we can perform miracles. I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord.

I love you all! I hope everyone is doing well

Sister Hiatt

P.S. If you send me peanut butter I will love you forever

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28