Semana 62: Scripture Power

This week I went on splits with another dupla, and it was pretty awesome. I spent the day with Sister Coyago, who is from Ecuador (which is cool because in one half of the country water flushes clockwise and in the other it flushes counterclockwise. Sister Coyago lives slightly to the north of the equator, in the mountain-y part of the country). She's pretty cool and we met some awesome people that they'll baptize soon.

This week we met a guy who has become my new favorite person. You know when you're doing mission prep and you're teaching a bad actor with a lot of deep questions that just happen to be answerable with the scriptures and a firm testimony of the gospel? Turns out people like that truly do exist and we met one of them. So we got to exercise our scripture-chase muscles, and in the end he really understood and had a profound desire to go to church. The Spirit was strong. I'm super excited for the day we show him the Book of Mormon (probably tonight).

This week was good, and I can tell that I'm learning and growing. The weather's nice, we've got some fun families we're teaching, and the church is true.

Love you guys!
Sister Hiatt

Random photos I don't think I've sent yet:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28