Semana 58: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

This week we had a Christmas Conference with the whole mission together, and it was a really sweet experience. The first half was a lot of presentations of missionaries (mostly musical) and was pretty neat. A zone of just Elders were the first to sing and it was a very nice start (because it meant that it was all uphill from there). A lot of people (mostly Sisters) sang, sometimes in various languages. An Elder did a pretty neat magic show where his volunteer chose a card, showed it to all of us, and then he was asked to rip it up... mentally. But by the time he said the "mentally" part the card was already in pieces. The Elder got a little upset (because yo, his card was messed up). So he finished ripping it up and threw it into the trash, except one piece which the volunteer held on to. The Elder got a little frustrated and so he decided to eat an orange to calm down. But when he opened it up, there was the card. Torn up, taped together, (a little sticky with orange juice) and just missing the tiny little piece that was still in the hand of the volunteer.

Also an American sister and I sang "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" to the tune of "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and it turned out okay.

For the end we watched something really sweet. I guess the mission had asked each family to make a video for their missionary. Most of the videos were really cute, with parents and siblings saying "Hi Elder/Sister! Merry Christmas! We love you!" and stuff like that. It was pretty gooey but very cute. Then we got to my family. Have I mentioned how much I love my family? They're pretty awesome. So instead of doing something cheesy like that, they just got my dad's Nephi puppet and sent a video of him saying Merry Christmas.

We also had a ward Christmas party which was pretty wild. There was a ton of food (here in Brasil they don't do a ton for Christmas. It's just eat and eat and maybe breathe a little and then eat some more). It was pretty neat.

I could say more but today is transfers and I've gotta bring my companion to the station. Turns out I'm going to stay here in Assunção but I will train (!!!) and also be a Sister Training Leader (and help the other Sisters in our Zone) so that'll be an adventure. But yeah.

CONFERÊNCIA DE NATAL








PROJETO DE SERVICO-- PINTANDO A CASA DUMA RECÉM CONVERSA





P-DAY COM UM MEMBRO



Woo hoo!
Sister Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28