Week 47: Bem-Vindo, Amigo! Preparar-se Para Mudar


So this week was pretty wild. I saw John (he's entering the CTM here and in a few weeks will serve no Missão Brasil São Paulo Oeste, which is awesome) and my mission president let me go to the airport to meet him (que foi um pouco trunky mas eu gostei). He's going to do awesome things on the mission, I know. Boa sorte, amigo!

(In this picture he looks taller but that's because I'm behind him and the picture was taken at a weird angle. I am in fact taller, thank you very much)

We had an awesome Zone Conference this week and I wanted to share with you some of my notes. I think sometimes we reach a certain point and then stop progressing. We're not as desperate to learn, we're not as humble, we think to ourselves, 'well, I'm not perfect, but I think I'm doing okay,' and use that as an excuse to stop changing. But in reality, we're here to change. God wants us to be perfect and when we stop repenting of the little things each day, we make Him really sad. He wants us to keep moving forward, progressing and repenting daily, so that one day we can turn out like He is.

They gave a 10-step process that will help with our progression. It's kind of focused on missionary service but I think it totally works for everyone who's willing to show their love for God by repenting.

1. Create a goal that will stretch you physically, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, etc.
2. Believe that you will reach your goals with the help of the Lord.
3. Visualize your results (thinking positively)
4. Be humble and ask for help from God
5. Change your attitude. Be enthusiastic, joyful, positive, and willing to help with everything.
6. Consider who you're serving. There are two options: God (Mosiah 2:17) or Lucifer.
7. Be persistent and don't give up. Remember that change takes time.
8. Ask yourself, "What can I do to better represent Jesus Christ?"
9. Be submissive and accept correction and counsel from others.
10. Don't be afraid. Just go out, serve, and preach repentance.

It's only by changing and repenting, serving God, that we can feel the joy that comes from the gospel. I know that if we do this regularly we will see our lives turn more joyful and more in line with what God wants for us. I know that we will see a ton of blessings if we are willing to try to be more like Him.

I think that's it. I want y'all to know that the gospel really is a plan of joy. If we do the things God asks of us we will have peace and hope for the future, despite each challenge we face. I know that we will be able to see our families again after death. I'm so grateful for temples and the priesthood power that make this possible here on earth, and I'm so grateful for this church. I know this is true. I've seen the differences it makes in the lives of people when they believe and live the gospel and I never ever want to live without it.

Love y'all
Sister Hiatt

P.S. Send me my brain before the mission. It's weird thinking in English now

Comments

  1. If anyone wants to follow John on his mission, his letters will be posted at https://johnhiattmisson.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28