Week 10: Jail Bird

*Woot woot!* Tomorrow marks one full month here in Brasil, and what a month it's been. I still don't understand everything (some days it feels like I don't understand anything) but I know I'm learning and I've definitely seen the Lord's hand in my life.

So I could tell you about the Zone Conference we had this week (where I heard from the Mission President and his wife along with like 60 other missionaries, including some Americans who could actually, like, communicate, which gave me hope), or I could tell you about how we had 8 investigators at church Sunday (including two teens, a brother and a sister, who are about the sweetest people ever. They're not sure about baptism yet, but they love the gospel and we've had some really spiritual lessons with them), but I think y'all would enjoy hearing about my grandest adventure for the week.

It started when my companion got a call and then proceeded to tell me that we needed to go to the police station, now. The kids we were talking with (I'd say "teaching" if not for 2nd Nephi 9:34) understood before I did and when they asked if I was going to be locked up she didn't really answer directly. So I was maybe a little nervous when we packed overnight bags and she made sure I had an ID, and I was still a little nervous when we boarded the bus, and I was nervous when we switched to the train, and I was still kinda nervous when we got off the train an hour later and promptly realized we'd gotten off at the wrong stop and were lost.

All's good though (and no, I didn't even *see* a jail cell). We stayed the night with some Sisters in the area, and then first thing in the morning went to the Federal Police Station to be fingerprinted and sign some papers (so I could stay in Brasil... presumably). Anyway, it was an adventure.

It's been a good week and I promise I actually am learning the language. The people here are awesome, the food is awesome, and the Spirit gets so strong when we teach. I miss y'all but I know I'm where I need to be.

Love you!

Sister Hannah Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28