Week 11

Howdy y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing huge happened to me this week except that we had interviews with the Mission President, which was wild. He gave me some advice that honestly really helped, about patience, hard work, and faith. The language is coming along, but slowly, and it's easy to get frustrated. I've been getting better at focusing and keeping a growth mindset, and I've honestly learned so much already. It's funny because sometimes we'll be talking to people on the street and they'll ask where I'm from and I'll make them guess and they say somewhere weird and not English speaking. I've gotten Germany a lot, and Argentina, Mexico, Australia, and of course the USA a ton but it's comforting to know that my accent isn't *that* obviously American.

The plan for today was to show y'all some pictures but I honestly cannot figure out how to connect my camera's drive-y thingy into the computer, so maybe that'll wait 18 months or so. Anyway. (the camera uses a mini SD card thing which I have in an adapter thing so it's basically just a regular SD card and the computers are the same as you'd find in a typical library. If you know where the card reader thingy is or if you have other advice, please help)

We almost had a baptism yesterday (like, he had his interview and we called the bishop and everything was set) but then he decided he'd rather sleep than come to church yesterday so we need to wait at least a week (and maybe spend a little more time teaching...). Anyway, he's really close and we have a handful of other people who are progressing nicely. I help with the lessons sometimes and I know that God helps me to find the words to use. I still need to work hard at practicing and learning and all that jazz, but He is there guiding me. I know the church is true and that God loves us all and is helping me to become the person I need to.

Love you all!

Sister Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28