Week 12: Level Up!

So I've officially survived my first transfer (6 weeks)! I've advanced from Charades to Taboo in terms of communication, my feet have calloused up, and I'm really loving it here.

This week was special because we had Nova Forca, where the group of missionaries I arrived with and their trainers met together to debrief. President Acosta, the mission president, spoke about weaknesses and the atonement and the power of Christ, and it really spoke to me. We are given trials so that we can learn, and when they seem too hard for us to conquer alone, it's because they are. But if we humble ourselves, sincerely ask for help and then go forth and do the best we can, God will magnify our efforts and with His help we can overcome anything.

I mentioned before that this week was the end of the transfer, which means that things are changing a little. I'm staying here in Riberão Pires with Sister Gomes, but our area is splitting and we'll be working and living with another companionship and honestly I'm super excited. I haven't met them yet (they're coming a little later I think), but it'll be nice having two more people to talk to (when we're all at home, at least), although we're having fun trying to figure out how to arrange things so everyone fits (the house/apartment/whatever isn't super big). Anyway, I'm excited to spend another 6 weeks here. We haven't had an actual baptism yet, but we have three people who are super close and I'm glad I get to stay and help them progress. I love the people and culture here, and I'm learning so much. I know God loves me and each and every person in the world, and I'm eager to do my part to help them find joy.

With love,
Sister Hiatt

Also I 100% don't expect anything because postage is about a million dollars, but if you want to mail me something, this is the address....

Sister Hannah Hiatt
Av Dr. Luís Rocha Miranda, 159
8º Andar
Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28