Week 13: Don't Disconnect From Christ

So last week I mentioned we got two new Sisters, and I gotta say, the only downside of having four girls in one house is the 30-second showers. They're both native Brazilians, super fun, and awesome missionaries. It's super nice having more people to talk with, and I have since learned the proper way to make rice (they're willing to put a lot more effort into it than I am).

Also this week we were teaching a lesson and my companion showed a video (which I cannot find but it's on the MormonChannel Youtube and the cover picture is an eye, I think, if you want to look for it) and it was really powerful. It was a bunch of different analogies for sin and the atonement (sin is like disconnecting a phone from the charger, and repentance is returning, etc) and a voice-over explaining how Christ thinks of us. I was struck at the simple, clear way it portrayed Christ's love for us, and the reason behind His sacrifice. Repentance really isn't a punishment or even a consequence of sin. It's a blessing that allows us to return to the presence of God and forever enjoy the peace and love and confidence that comes from being spiritually clean. Christ did so incredibly much for us because of His love for us, and all He asks is that we accept Him and try our best to follow him.

That's all for this week (I still haven't figured out how to transfer the pictures from my camera... sorry). I love you all! Have an awesome week

Sister Hannah Hiatt

P.S. If you want to mail me something, this is the address:

Sister Hannah Hiatt
Av Dr. Luís Rocha Miranda, 159
8º Andar
Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28