Week 15: I Love to See the Temple

So the high point of this week was that we got to go to the temple (!!!) which was awesome (like it always is). The place was full of missionaries and the Spirit was super strong, and I was proud that I understood almost everything (in Portuguese! See? I am learning), and afterwards I received some answers to my questions, and made some goals with the Lord. I know that the temple is the house of God and that He knows and loves me. It was such a blessing to get to go this week.

We got to go to the Visitor's Center in São Paulo too, which was super neat. I can't remember what the Visitor's Center in Provo is like, but I think it's pretty similar? There were displays for each of the missionary lessons and a lot of interactive games and things for kids to learn and feel the Spirit, too. It was really cool. 10/10 would recommend for everyone, if you ever happen to be in Brazil.

The rest of the week was not quite as awesome as the temple, but we did have an adventure Sunday morning. We have church at 8:30 in the morning (and you thought 9 o'clock church was rough!) and so we're always out at the crack of dawn trying to get our investigators there. So we were out doing our thing, but everyone was asleep. Everyone. Even the sweet older lady who is always up ridiculously early. Then my companion got a call and we found out something kind of important. You know Daylight savings time? Apparently it exists in Brazil, too. This weekend, to be exact. We were out banging on people's doors (or rather, clapping at the gate thing) at 7 in the morning. So that was an adventure.

This week was awesome and I'm doing well. My Portuguese is coming along and we've had some really good lessons. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it's true, and I know God answers our earnest prayers.

Love y'all, miss y'all, that's all
Sister Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28