Week 17: In Which I Finally Figure Out How to Attach a Picture

So Thursday marks 4 months since I entered the MTC, which is totally crazy. I won't say it's flown by, but also it really doesn't feel like it was that long ago. But what a busy four months it's been! I've learned so much, including:

* How to teach assorted lessons about the gospel (in Portuguese!)
* How to read scriptures (in Portuguese!) (and you thought the Isaiah chapters were hard to understand in English...)
* How to cross my 7s (my companion used to complain that my 7s looked like 1s and that my 1s were just plain wrong, but I write like a Brasileiro now (mais ou menos))
* How to make rice (apparently it's more complicated than just putting rice and water in a pot. The girls here use oil, onion, and some kind of mystery substance that is quite possibly actual magic)
* How to stop a random person on the street, get them to tell me exactly where they live, and then convince them to be baptized (the follow-through with this one, as in, the actual baptism, is trickier though... We're still practicing this)
* How to follow the Spirit and trust God (Ether 12:27 is so much more meaningful to me now...)

I'm feeling more or less confident in my Portuguese now, which is 100% a blessing and gift from God. I know He is helping me each day and that He is using me to help other people too.

Love y'all!

Sister Hiatt

P.S. Anyone know a good way to prevent/deal with blisters? We do a ton of walking and also it does a ton of raining and I have learned that walking around in wet shoes is no bueno.

My district! This was at the Visitor's Center for the Temple here in São Paulo. From the left: Elder Gonza (who is from Argentina), the District Leader; Elder Tilitson (who is from the grand ol' US of A) and Elder Rodrigues (from Mexico), who are the Zone Leaders; Elder Torres (born in São Paulo but grew up in Recife); Sister Gomes (my companion); Sister Rodrigues (no relation to the Elder); Sister Duarte (she's pretty cool I guess); and me (I hope y'all haven't forgotten me yet)

Our room
The desks
The Deathly Hill of Sisyphus (or the way to our house)
View from my balcony

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28