Week 40- METADE DA MISSÃO!

So this week marks 9 months in the mission, and I did the math and we have officially passed the half-way point of the mission. So I thought I'd do some copy-and-pasting and do a little review of everything that's happened so far.

Transfers:
0- Missionary Training Center, with Sister Jones and Sister Miller
1- Riberão Pires, Santista, with Sister Gomes
2- ditto
3- same area, with Sister K. Souza
4- Maua, Pilar, with Sister Melo
5-Santo André, Ala 4, Sister Marchioni
6-same area, with Sister Medrano

Baptisms:
1- Nadir (RP)
1(1/2)- Wellington (he was baptized the week after I was transfered but I think he still counts)
2-Kethelynn
3-Kemmily
4-Rosita
5-Samanta

Things I've gained:
-Weight (guys, this isn't funny. I'm going to roll back to the USA)
-An appreciation for Brasilian food (see above)
-A ton of confidence. When I got here I felt like a different person but I'm growing back into myself but, like, a better version (one who speaks Portuguese))
-A ton of pink skirts (I don't know why but I have, like, three or four different ones. I don't even like pink....How did this happen?)

Things I've lost:
-The ability to speak English (seriously. I was talking to my family last week and não tava consiguindo falar em Ingles. Por que é tão dificile? Eu não lembro mais)
-That's actually all I could think of on the fly but the list looks kinda lonely with just one thing

Favorite Part of the Mission:
BAPTISMS. We were blessed with several recently and the Spirit is just so strong when someone enters the water to make a sacred promise with God. Everyone is always excited and smiling and it's just such a good start to their new lives

Least Favorite Part of the Mission:
Writing emails.... No, honestly it's when the baptisms fall through. We were teaching a girl this week and she kept waffling about the baptism and when we finally brought the Elders to do the baptismal interview, she decided she didn't want to after all.

This week had some ups and downs but we're meeting a lot of awesome people and I've learned a lot and really grown in my testimony.

Love y'all, miss y'all, that's all!
Sister Hannah Hiatt

P.S. Send me half a cupcake to celebrate

Sister Hannah Hiatt
Av Dr. Luís Rocha Miranda, 159
8º Andar
Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo - SP
Brasil





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28