Week 45: I'm Only Here for the Food

This week wasn't super eventful but we ate a lot of food, so I thought I'd send some pictures and make y'all jealous. Next week we'll have baptism photos and stories of adventure and awesome spiritual experiences and maybe some self-discovery and stuff. But for today, let's take a look at the food.

So there in the United States, we're pretty basic when it comes to hot dogs. Usually there isn't much more than ketchup and mustard, but here in Brasil, they're a little more creative. Here we've got mashed potatoes, tomato sauce, guacamole (which they don't really eat in Brasil but I'm american (like, seriously, they mix avocado with sugar and eat it like a dessert)), and on top these little small baby french fries.

The other day I was craving cookies but have not yet been able to find all the ingredients here, so I decided to just go for it and it turned out decent. They're not quite as good as they'd be with, like, brown sugar, but they were okay.

While I'm pretty much fluent in Portuguese, I still have an accent,and sometimes people don't understand everything I say. Usually this isn't a problem, but every once in a while we get some interesting situations.... like when I ordered a pizza and they sent us broccoli.

The good news is that they did understand the part where I wanted a border of chocolate, which is my favorite thing ever.

Also, not food, but I cut my companion's hair. She said to cut just a tiny bit, like the width of a finger (1/2 inch, more or less) and gave me the scissors (what trust she has in me). I went to cut one fingers worth but something went wrong and she ended up with a pixie cut

Kidding

But it was a little shorter than she wanted.
(but there's almost no difference, so like)

Here it is before:

And after:

That's all, folks. Next week we'll have a little more substance.
Love y'all!
Sister Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28