1 YEAR! WOOT WOOT

So if my math is right, this Thursday will mark one year since I entered the MTC (wild, right?), and what a year it's been. So if you've only been skimming and looking through the photos I send, I thought I'd do a recap of all the highlights.

Transfers:
0- MTC, with Sister Jones and Sister Miller (and when they left, Sister Christiansen and Sister Johnsen, and when they were busy Elder Wright and Elder McFarlane (yo, the MTC was wild))
1- Riberão Pires, Santista, with Sister Gomes
2- Ficamos
3- same area, with Sister K. Souza
4- Maua, Pilar, with Sister Melo
5-Santo André, Ala 4, com Sister Marchioni
6-Santo André 4 com Sister Medrano
7- Ficamos
8-Rudge Ramos, Assunção, com Sister Sales

And since it's all about the numbers:

Number of different kinds of pizza I've tried: 8+
(frango com catupiry, portuguesa, baiana, broccoli, one-that-I-don't-know-what-it's-called-but-was-good, chocolate com M&Ms, brigadeiro, calabresa, and probably others that I forgot).
Not going to say how many of each one I've eaten because that would not make my mother proud
Jars of peanut butter consumed: 4
Pounds I've gained: Don't know because the scales here are in kilos
Souls I've helped enter into the kingdom of heaven: 11

Stories I don't think I've told yet:

Rosita was baptized while I was in Santo André, and she accepted everything we said promptly and the Spirit was always really strong when we were teaching her. She accepted baptism and we marked the date. But then the night before the baptism, she started to feel really bad. She tried to sleep it off but in the middle of the night she woke up with a hammer pounding in her brain and an ache in her stomach worse than you could imagine. So she decided to say a prayer, and said, "Please God, don't let me die the day before my baptism."
When she woke up in the morning she was feeling better and was able to be baptized with her daughter, Samanta. Her faith really is an example for me and her experience, though small, was powerful.

One Sunday, we were going to pick up our investigators, but no one ended up going. We talked to a lady who had looked up the church online and decided she didn't want to go anymore, lots of people who had slept through the alarm, and the guy we were teaching, Wesley, with whom we had marked a baptismal date, didn't answer the door. So we were walking to church alone (which is the worst feeling, as a missionary) and feeling pretty down. We had worked the whole week to invite these people to church and now it looked like all our efforts had been in vain. But as we were nearing the chapel, we got a call from the other two Sisters.
"Are you two teaching Wesley? He's here already and looking for you guys," they said. Our hearts lifted and we ran for the church, where we found that Wesley had gone with a member friend of his and they had gotten to church before us.
Right when we got there we saw another family we had been teaching, and a friend of theirs. Though we walked to church alone, we had a lot of people from our teaching group there and it was a miracle. This showed me that God is watching our efforts and sometimes when we aren't expecting it, He will bless us more than we can even imagine. It was a really tender mercy that day.

It's been a good time and I've learned a ton. We've passed 2/3 of the mission and I only have about 6 months left. It's passing really quickly now... Time hurries on. And the leaves that are green turn to brown.

Love y'all!
Sister Hiatt

P.S. Send me a jar of peanut butter, please and thank you

Sister Hannah Hiatt
Av Dr. Luís Rocha Miranda, 159
8º Andar
Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo - SP
Brazil






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28