Week 53: Eu Quero Ser Como Cristo

This week was really wild. A while back we met a really sweet family. We got to know her a little and found out that she was a widow with seven children (yes, seven!) and hadn't gone to church since her husband passed away, about two years ago. We taught about the Plan of Salvation and it was a really spiritual, sweet moment. She invited her kids to go to church and they adored it (not all of them went, but when they do it'll double the size of our primary) and then yesterday they were baptized.








So, for each baptism we like to do a musical number, and for this family we chose "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus," which is my favorite but my companion wasn't too familiar with it (she's a convert and didn't learn all the primary songs). So we practiced and stuff, and everything was ready for the baptism. We went up, our piano man did the intro, and I started to sing. Just that I was waiting for Sister Sales to sing, too, and waited. And waited. And finally I just kind of went on singing alone. I elbowed her (discreetly, because we were in front of a ton of people including the Bishop), gave her a look, gestured for her to sing too, but no dice. I ended up singing the whole thing alone, with her mute at my side (sem vergonha, ela).

But yeah. Today is transfers so I'll let my beloved companion go to another zone (Riberão Pires! Woot woot) and I'll stay here with another Sister whose name I forgot (I'll meet her this afternoon). So I'll update y'all on how that goes.

Love y'all! Have an awesome week!
Sister Hiatt

P.S. Don't actually send me anything, because it's really expensive and kind of complicated

Sister Hannah Hiatt
Av Dr. Luís Rocha Miranda, 159
8º Andar
Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo - SP
Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28