8 Semanas: Ser Cristão é muito loco!

(I thought I sent this last week but I guess it didn't go through, so please enjoy)

Contacting a man who we thought was smoking:
"Hey, could we share a message about Jesus Christ with you?"
"Could you come back later? I'm drugging myself right now."

A sticker on a door:
BOLO DE NEVE CHURCH: Ser Cristão é muito loco!
(THE SNOWBALL CHURCH: To be Christian is crazy!)

Also we went to a fireside Sunday night about Religious Freedom where they invited representatives from different religions. It was really neat because here in Brasil there's a lot of diversity. There were Adventistas do Sétimo Dia, Assembleianos, a guy who practices Candomblé (google translate says "witchcraft") and a guy who I think was Muslim. He was cool because he and his two adorable "filhinhos" (smol bb sons) sang for us and it was neat because they sang in Arabic.

All the missionaries in our zone sang, too, and it turned out really sweet. We sang "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus," and Sister Marchioni (who was my companion back in Santo André) and I did a solo at the start. Anyway, it was fun and I learned a thing or two about other religions. Remember, for other people to respect your beliefs and practices, you need to respect them (even if you don't agree with them).

We've got some neat people (including two atheists) progressing in our teaching group and a few who are preparing to be baptized, so buckle up for that next week. So yeah, it's been a cool week and I'm pretty enthused to be here.

And I make an end of my sayings in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sister Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 36: AS AGUAS DO BATISMO

Week 8: Eu Não Falo Português.... (muito bem)

Week 28